Denmark Co-operative is committed to providing you with the highest level of customer service. This includes protecting your “privacy”. We appreciate the importance of protecting your personal information and recognise the trust placed in us when you supply us with this information.
The type of personal information which we may collect and hold for our activities includes, without limitation, an individual’s name, address, phone number, e–mail address, age, date-of-birth, and credit card information.
We collect information from you, without limitation, from order/quote forms, from questionnaires and surveys; through our website (including collection of cookies, being data we store on your computer to keep track of your website preferences); over the telephone or person-to-person.
Information Use and Disclosure
We will not use or disclose personal information that we collect for any secondary purpose other than the primary purpose of collection without your consent unless:
1. the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose (directly related if sensitive information) and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose the information for that secondary purpose;
2. In the case of direct marketing not related to our activities, we have obtained your prior consent (unless it is not reasonably practicable to seek your consent and we otherwise comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act); or
3. the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act.
You may at any time request us not to provide you with any further publications by contacting us on the details below. Please note this excludes information about changes to our terms and conditions for the supply of goods or services; questionnaires; and information which you have requested us to supply.
By using our website you will be deemed to consent to us using your personal information collected by our website for the following purposes:
1. market research in relation to the products and services referred to above;
2. the distribution to you of educational material and general information relating to our activities and related matters; and
3. monitoring your use of our website.
If you use our website, but do not consent to the use of your personal information for any purpose specified above then please contact us at the address below. Please note this excludes use of your personal information to provide you with information about changes to terms and conditions; questionnaires; and other important information which you have requested us to supply.
In providing you with goods or services, we may need to disclose your personal information to certain third parties including, without limitation, our contractors assisting in the provision of the goods or services.
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information which we hold from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
When using our website you should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us over the Internet and you transmit information at your own risk.
From time to time, we may change this policy on how we handle personal information, or the types of personal information we hold. Any changes to our policy will be published on our website. You may download this policy for your own personal information at any time.
Access, Correction and Further Information
We will provide you with access to your personal information held by us, unless we are permitted under the Privacy Act to refuse to provide you with such access. Please contact us as set out below if you:
1. wish to have access to the personal information which we hold about you;
2. consider that the personal information which we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up to date; or
3. require further information on our personal information handling practices.